Valentine's Dinner Recipe
Valentine's is coming up and the first thing we typically think about is having a nice dinner. The not so fun part is going to a crowded restaurant and waiting for forever to get a table. We suggest a quick grocery trip, grab some wine, a couple of ingredients and make your honey something special at home.
We tried out a Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe from allrecipes.com and it came out DELISH!
- 1 (16oz package) Linguine Pasta
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (can sub for olive oil)
- 1 shallot (kinda like an onion but not really)
- 3 garlic cloves (maybe one more if you're a garlic lover)
- 1 Pinch of red pepper flakes (pretty much however hot you want it)
- 1 Pound of shrimp (buy peeled and deveined to save some time)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced (we did 2 for a little extra flav)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped (don't stress about the measurement just think about how much you want in every bite)
**PREP 20 MIN**COOK TIME 20 MIN** Makes about 5-6 servings. You'll want a second plate & lunch.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook linguine in boiling water until nearly tender, about 7 min.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the hot butter and oil until shallots are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Season shrimp with kosher salt and black pepper; add to the skillet and cook until pink, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Don't recommend cooking over 5 min. It'll prob taste over done. Take shrimp out of the skillet and keep warm.
- Pour white wine and lemon juice into skillet and bring to a boil. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and bring to a simmer. Toss in linguine, shrimp, and parsley back in the skillet and mix everything until coated; season with salt and black pepper.
Pair with a yummy salad and you're set! This recipe is light and fresh. Doesn't feel as heavy as an alfredo sauce. We hope you enjoy it!
Leave a comment